Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT)
All hormones (Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone, Thyroid) in the body are designed to work together. If a hormone is deficient or altered, it will affect the action of all the other hormones.
Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy (BHRT) is a process of replacing altered or deficient hormones. Bio-Identicals are made from plants and other plant-based ingredients and are made to mimic natural hormones.
How is BHRT delivered? Dr. Donovan Christie, SottoPelle® Trained Physician and Jacqueline Christie MSN, FNP-C, SottoPelle® Trained Nurse Practitioner, deliver BHRT via the SottoPelle® method. The Pellets work with the body's natural hormone release pattern to attain hormonal stability and thus a renewed sense of well-being. We also use creams, gels and capsules, based on the patients preference.
- Pellet Therapy: Involves the simple and painless insertion of a bio-identical hormone pellet under the skin. A steady dose of natural hormone flows directly into the blood stream whenever the body needs it.
- Estrogen: Protects a woman from heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis and Alzheimer's disease. Estrogen promotes serotonin production which reduces anxiety, depression, moodiness and anger.
- Progesterone: In women, the hormone estrogen stimulates growth of tissue inside the uterus. To keep the body from producing uterine overgrowth, the hormone progesterone slows this activity. It also lowers the risk of breast cancer.
- Testosterone: Essential to a man's well-being. Without it, fatigue, anxiety, depression, loss of mental clarity and libido occur. It can also lead to prostate problems, memory and muscle loss and Alzheimer Disease. Testosterone gives a woman her mental clarity, libido and muscle tone and mass. Without it, she can suffer mental confusion, weight gain and poor muscle growth.
- Thyroid: T3 and T4 capsules, increases body metabolism by increasing the rate at which cells use oxygen and food to produce energy.